The Vienna Elementary School PTA is excited to host the 10th Annual 5K “Run for Fun” on Sunday, April 27, 2014. Vienna Elementary school continues to prioritize physical fitness and encourage kids in motion. This run, while providing motivation to adhere to a healthy lifestyle and improve general fitness, also funds many activities and improvements for our school.
This race has turned into a featured Vienna event with many in the community involved. Last year over 700 people participated in the event. We appreciate the support and are grateful to live in a community that encourages prioritizing fitness
We are proud again to partner with DC Road Runners, the capital region's premiere running club. This partnership raises the quality of the event to include secure online registration, use of a chronotrack timing system to “chip time” the 5K race – a USATF Certified 5K course! (Certification # VA-11019-RT). Please click here for a map of the Certified course.
When: Sunday, April 27th, 2014
(1 Mile Fun Run/Walk starts at 8:10, 5K starts around 8:35)
- Where: Vienna Elementary — 128 Center St., S Vienna, VA (directions)
- 5k Race Course Map 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Course Map
- Online by 4/20/2014: $25
- After 4/20/2014 and race day. $30
- Children 14 and Under: $15 per child for first one or two children in family, $5 per child for each child after 2nd child registered, regardless of date registered.
- Please register online via this website or at here
- T-Shirts only guaranteed to those who pre-registers
Early Packet (t-shirt) Pickup)
- When: Friday, April 25th from 5:00 to 8:00
- Where: 115 Battle St. SE (Dead end of Battle St., near Vienna Community Center)
Race Day & Packet Pickup
- 6:45-7:45 Packet Pickup and Race-Day Registration
- 8:10 1Mile Fun Run/Walk
- 8:25 5K Race
- Parking: Vienna Community Center, Firehouse and on local streets.
- Pre/Post-Race Festivities: Rock and Roll Warmup, Awards ceremony and post-race refreshments.
- Age groups awards for the 5K include top three finishers: 8-and-under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15, 16-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ (for each gender).